- Don't Be Rude – People respond to kindness much better than negativity. “You catch more bees with honey than vinegar”
- Don't Litter – Keep places as beautiful as you found them. They didn't have that trash in the photo from the guide book that got you wanting to go to that spot on the first place. Be Thoughtful of Surroundings – Some places have been there for hundreds of years, so be careful not to damage them so that others can continue to enjoy them.
- Tip When You Can - It is not necessary in every place around the world, but always welcome. Gratitude is always appreciated.
- Put a Little Slack in Your Schedule - You never know when you might want to stay somewhere a little longer. And you might just get stuck somewhere involuntarily. Planes DO get delayed from time to time.
- Mind the Time of Year - Some places do have all four different seasons, and others don't. Do your research, pack for the estimated climate, but always pack a jacket or a swimsuit.
- Remember, Not Everyone Speaks English - Learn a few words or phrases in the language of where you travel to. Not everyone speaks English, so don’t expect them to. People respond kindly to someone even attempting to speak the local language.